This is only a brief overview of the Disaster Reconstruction Program. Complete program information can be found in the 2020 Program Guide.
View our current list of disaster declarations by county to see if your area is eligible.
What is the Disaster Reconstruction Program?
Households affected by natural disasters may qualify for help with purchasing, constructing, or repairing their primary residence through the Disaster Reconstruction Program (DRP). Grants of up to $20,000 are available to homeowners in declared disaster areas, and renters can qualify for $5,000 toward the purchase of a home.
The Disaster Reconstruction Program funds were made available for reservation beginning on May 1, 2012. The program will remain open until all funds have been exhausted or the FHLB elects to terminate or suspend the program.
Who can use the DRP?
FHLB Cincinnati established the Disaster Reconstruction Program as a standing response to disasters that occur within the Fifth District states of Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee. FHLB members can make a positive impact on their community by offering funds to assist customers in replacing or repairing homes that have been damaged due to a disaster.
How do I apply?
Households must apply with one of our member institutions. Click here to search our Member Directory.
All funds will be reserved for households on a “first-come, first-served” basis, but only to the extent that funds are available.
Members may reserve funds via the Disaster Reconstruction Program link through the FHLB’s Members Only portal by submitting an online Reservation Request with supporting documentation. Instructions for accessing Members Only may be found here.
Additional Information and Technical Assistance
For more information or assistance, please contact the Housing & Community Investment Department at (513) 852-7680 or toll-free (888) 345-2246 or email us at email@example.com.
For FHLB's Members Only assistance, please contact our Service Desk at (800) 781-3090.
Disaster Reconstruction Program resources
- DRP Guide [PDF]
- Certification of Income Eligibility with Instructions [PDF]
- Comprehensive Sponsor Contact List
- Declaration of Restrictive Covenants [PDF]
- DRP Retention Language [PDF]
- Example Attachment A When Using A Contractor [PDF]
- Example Attachment A With Sponsor Labor [PDF]
- Instructions for Accessing Members Only
- List of Disaster Declarations and Counties
- Income Limits
- Post-Rehabilitation Inspection [PDF]
- Pre-Rehabilitation Inspection [PDF]
- Sources & Uses (Attachment A and Labor Breakdown) [EXCEL]
- Sponsor Capacity Form [PDF]
- Steps for Accessing Disaster Funds for Acquisition or New Construction
- Steps for Accessing Disaster Funds for Rehabilitation
- Subsidy Recapture Procedures
- Subsidy Payoff Request [PDF]
- Information for Homebuyers and Homeowners [PDF]