Effective Date: October 5, 2015
Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati (“FHLB” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and other persons who are visitors to our website (“you”) or that you may provide when you visit the public portion of our website https://fhlbcin.com (the “site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this site.; and
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this site.
It does not apply to information collected or exchanged by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by FHLB, the nonpublic portions of our site requiring a password to access, or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our site is not intended or designed to attract children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on the site, make any purchases through the site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. FHLB encourages all parents to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as institution and title; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, signing up for seminars, or requesting specific information about various programs, products or services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; or
- Your search queries on the site.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Cookies. As you navigate through and interact with our site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our site, including access times, referring pages, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the site; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. The information helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Make our site more useful, such as improve your user experience, enhance security, and monitor appropriate usage; and
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information or marketing materials on programs, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our site or any products or services we offer or provide though the information;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide it to us. For example, you may provide us with such information by email or by filling out a form and submitting on our site. When you submit such information to us, you consent to our use and disclosure of the information for the purposes for which you have provided it.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of FHLB’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, [in which personal information held by FHLB about our site users is among the assets transferred];
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FHLB, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you may have provided to us. Note that we may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. And we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We also do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track browser signals. Some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content. You may be able to set the Do Not Track signal on your browser so that such third parties know you do not want to be tracked. For more information, visit http://donottrack.us/.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls with submissions encrypted using SSL technology. Network traffic may be monitored for abuse or criminal activity, and such evidence may be provided to law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies. Any unauthorized attempt to upload or change information on this Web site is strictly prohibited and may be punishable.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site.
Links to Other Sites