Affordable Housing Advisory Council 2019 appointmentsOctober 01, 2018
The Federal Home Loan Bank's Board of Directors has appointed three new members to the FHLB's Affordable Housing Advisory Council and reappointed two current members of the Advisory Council. Each member will serve a three-year term, commencing on January 1, 2019. The 12-member Advisory Council provides guidance to the FHLB on affordable housing and economic development needs within the Fifth District states of Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee.
- Walter B. Crouch, Chief Executive Officer/President, Appalachia Service Project (ASP) in Johnson City, Tenn. ASP provides home repair and replacement in Central Appalachia primarily through the use of volunteers. Mr. Crouch has been in his current role since 2011. His prior experiences include Vice President for Church Relations and Professor at Carson-Newman College and owner of Crouch Construction Co., West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Lori H. Flanery, Chief Executive Officer, New Directions Housing Corp. in Louisville, Ky. New Directions develops and maintains affordable housing and vital communities in partnership with neighborhoods and other stakeholders. Currently more than 1,000 families live in the nonprofit's rental housing. Prior to her current position, Ms. Flanery served the Commonwealth of Kentucky as Secretary of Finance and Deputy Director of Kentucky Housing Corp., a state housing finance agency. Ms. Flanery also holds a law degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law.
- Charles D. Hillman, President/Chief Executive Officer of Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA) in Columbus, Ohio. CMHA helps people access affordable housing through collaborative partnerships to develop, renovate and maintain housing; promote neighborhood revitalization; and assist residents in accessing needed social services. Mr. Hillman's current stint with CMHA began in 2010. Prior to that he worked at the Chicago Housing Authority and had a previous stint with CMHA from 1998-2005 as the Assistant Director of Property Management.
- James E. Harbison, Executive Director, Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency (MDHA) in Nashville, Tenn. MDHA is responsible for community and urban development, affordable housing and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development multifamily housing and community program development funds for the greater Nashville Metropolitan Area. Mr. Harbison was first appointed to the Advisory Council in 2016.
- Natalie H. Harris, Executive Director, The Coalition for the Homeless Inc. in Louisville, Ky. Ms. Harris has served as Executive Director of The Coalition for the Homeless Inc. since 2010. The Coalition is committed to advocacy, education and collaboration on the issues of homelessness in Louisville. Ms. Harris was first appointed to the Advisory Council in 2016.
Congratulations to the new and returning members of the Advisory Council. The FHLB would also like to thank Linda G. Leathers, Thomas K. Stone and Deborah W. Williams for their years of service to the Advisory Council and our affordable housing mission.