Affordable Housing Advisory Council appointments approvedDecember 04, 2015
The Federal Home Loan Bank's Board of Directors has appointed two new members to the FHLB's Affordable Housing Advisory Council and reappointed three current members. Each member will serve a three-year term, commencing on January 1, 2016. The 15-member Council provides guidance to the FHLB on affordable housing and economic development needs within the Fifth District states of Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee.
- James E. Harbison, Executive Director, Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency in Nashville, Tenn. MDHA is the local housing authority and is responsible for a variety of activities from administration of HUD rental assistance to administration of development funds, such as Community Development Block Grants, to partnering with local developers to assist in the development of major metropolitan projects, such as the Frist Center for the Arts and the public library. Mr. Harbison's prior experiences include working for HUD as the Director of Multifamily Programs in Tennessee and for American Health Facilities Development LLC, Quorum Health Resources, and Community Health Systems. Mr. Harbison serves as a board member of the Metropolitan Nashville Action Commission and as trustee of the Public Housing Agencies Directors Association. Additionally, he is a retired U.S. Marine Corps Colonel.
- Natalie H. Harris, Executive Director, The Coalition for the Homeless Inc. in Louisville, Ky. Ms. Harris has served as Executive Director of The Coalition for the Homeless Inc. since 2010. The Coalition is committed to advocacy, education, and collaboration on the issues of homelessness in Louisville. Ms. Harris also serves as the co-chair of the Kentucky Interagency Council on Homelessness and is the vice chair of the Homeless and Housing Coalition of Kentucky. She serves on the Louisville Affordable Housing Trust Fund board of directors and on the program committee for St. Vincent de Paul of Louisville and Kentucky Voices for a Healthy Kentucky. Ms. Harris is a founding member of the Louisville Coalition Supporting Young Adults. Prior to joining the Coalition, Ms. Harris served as executive director of Miami Valley Housing Opportunities, and was director of specialized housing resources at the Kentucky Housing Corp. for more than a decade.
- Jay Kittenbrink, Executive Director, Episcopal Retirement Homes Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio. Mr. Kittenbrink was first appointed to the Council in 2013.
- Linda Leathers, Chief Executive Officer, The Next Door Inc. in Nashville, Tenn. Ms. Leathers was first appointed to the Council in 2010.
- Deborah W. Williams, Executive Director, Housing Assistance aNd Development Services, Inc. (HANDS, Inc.) in Bowling Green, Ky. Ms. Williams was first appointed to the Council in 2008.